Being Bruce -: Tweeting at Cardinal Lanes in Wilmington, NC

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tweeting at Cardinal Lanes in Wilmington, NC

I arrived a bit late and had to leave early, but I was able to bowl two games at the Wilmington Tweetup held this month at Cardinal Lanes on Shipyard Boulevard. There were some seriously good bowlers present. And, then there was me. As a cruel joke a few years back someone gave me bowling shoes as a present (those are my shoes on the table, doing as much good there as on my feet when I'm bowling.

The group really got into it and had a lot of fun.

Gayle Tabor of Glynne's Soaps told the story of how her team won the league championship the first year and pointed to a plaque on the wall. She also explained the winning was based on most improved average and it was her team's first season ever bowling.

Sarah Barbee of FussBudget Promotions organizes the Wilmington Tweetups and always helps us have a good time in a nice place.

Renee Jones has her own bowling ball. It even has her name on it! Wow, my ball used to belong to someone named 'House'.

It seemed like every time I looked up, Renee was getting a strike! (Do you think it would be a good idea if we all bought balls with the name 'Renee' printed on it? Would we all bowl better?)

It was a good time. Thanks Sarah for organizing it and thanks to all who came out.