Being Bruce -: 65 Challenge Day 12 12-5-11

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

65 Challenge Day 12 12-5-11



I realized over the past few days that I've been adjusting my P90X workouts in favor of my daily 5K walk/run.

That's not good, not the plan. P90X has been, is, and remains my primary workout regimen and it certainly has cardio, so I'm not lacking that. The walk/run thing is fun and a little variety, but it's not my primary deal.

What I found was I was not pushing quite so hard during P90X workouts, not really "bringing it" because I wanted to save energy for the upcoming walk/run.

So here's how I'm going to change that from now till December 15th (when this Challenge ends). Monday, Wednesday and Friday are my heavy workout strength and muscle building days with P90X, so on those days I'm going to do a fast walk. That's what I did today and my time wasn't all that hot, 45:44, just under a 15 minute mile.

On Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday I'm going to do the P90X Stretch (which is one hour of very active stretching) and then do the Walk/Run working for time by running as much as I can.

On Saturday, which is when I do P90X Kenpo X (a martial arts/boxing cardio workout), I'm also going to walk fast.

Of course on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll also go to a Zumba class, so that will be a load of fun (I LOVE THAT MY JOB ENABLES ME TO WORK OUT SO MUCH!).

After the 15th I think I'll pretty much stick to the same routine, walking fast on MWFS and walk/running TThSu. Sounds like a great plan to me.

Oh yeah, one more public statement - I am not going to walk/run or even walk/fast in the rain - I just don't enjoy it. At this point I'm also planning that I'll only walk fast, not walk/run, when the outside temp is 35 degrees or lower.