Being Bruce -: Success!! We Finished the Beachbody Ultimate Reset

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Success!! We Finished the Beachbody Ultimate Reset


What a great feeling of accomplishment! Yesterday was the last day of the 21 day Beachbody Ultimate Reset program for Marge and I and today we took our 'after' photos and measurements.

I did reach several of my goals, though the greatest gains for me were the new foods, recipes, and ways to cook (and eat!) that we learned and practiced during the Reset.

I lost 4 pounds and 1% body fat. My original goal was to get down to 135, but that clearly would have been too extreme (losing 8 pounds in 3 weeks). I'm very happy to be at a consistent 139 (over the last few days) and also I did get to my 12% body fat goal.

It seemed like my weight was shifting during the Reset and the measurements bore that out. After the Reset I measured 1/2 inch less around neck, 1 inch off my waist, and a surprising 2 inches off my hips. Everything else is about the same.

I hoped to increase my sleeping duration, but there was no change there, my average for the 21 days prior to the Reset was 7 hours a night and during the Reset it was 6.95 hours, so no significant difference.

We were wondering if the Reset would be challenging. Everyone else we know who's done before it reported that they weren't hungry and if they finished they were happy they got through and felt energetic and happy. Most people also said they found the middle week, which is the detox week, challenging, with a variety of physical and emotional symptoms. I'm happy to report that not only were we satisfied by and happy with the meals and our results, but also we had no discomfort or emotional drama during the detox week - so that's a win.

We did find that, like other people before us, we spent more time preparing meals and shopping for fresh ingredients than we were used to. We also realize you can never have enough refrigerator containers, so that goes on the list.

So we feel good, we're both very happy to be able to get back (gradually) to our exercise programs. We have agreed that we have irrevocably changed our eating habits and going forward we're going to incorporate several of the recipes, new foods, cooking methods, spices, and even our eating behaviors because of what we learned during the Reset. And that's something we have in common with everyone we know who has done the Reset - everyone raves about the food and most even don't want to stop eating following the Reset menus and programs.

So yay! We're done. But yay!, we're not stopping or forgetting what we learned. Thank you, Beachbody.