Being Bruce -: How and Why I Use Social Media (a work in progress)

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How and Why I Use Social Media (a work in progress)

Ok folks,

Here's the overview (a work in perpetual progress)

Why - I use social media to:
  • Connect with old and current friends and contacts
  • Meet new folks
  • Support and promote friends, companies, and causes
  • Share who I am
  • Share thoughts of others I find inspiring, interesting, beautiful, or just fun
  • Share my thoughts
  • Help others when I can
  • Promote our business(es)
  • Have fun
  • Connect with the collective creative universe

What - I use social media to:
  • Recognize and celebrate others' birthdays, accomplishments and successes
  • Draw attention to other people's businesses and efforts
  • Quote others and myself
  • Show off my writing, photography, video, graphics, and overall cleverness
  • Express my love for my wife and my family
  • Notice questions or problems others ask or state and, if I think I have something worthwhile to share, step up.
  • Be witty
  • Share specific examples of foods, exercise, places, people, animals, and nature shots I enjoy.
  • Share tech tips that matter to me and I think have relevance to my circles
  • Mention our (Marge, myself, and our companies) events, promotions, progress, missions, purpose, and fun
  • Comment, "like", and engage with others' social media posts and updates

Where - Social media I focus on primarily include:
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • YouTube
Also Where - I also post with varying frequency at (selectively for the same purposes above)on:
When - Daily:
  • en*theos
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • LinkedIn
  • BeingBruceBrown.com
When - Weekly:
  • YouTube
Going forward, I intend to:
  • Publish minimum of 2 Youtube videos per week (cuz video rules - and it's fun!)
  • Develop a checklist for FB/T/Li/G+ posts that includes:
    • workouts
    • recipes
    • ingredients of Shakeology or other nutritious foods
    • team and coach successes
    • our physical and financial successes (general)
    • specific Team Beachbody and Beachbody events, promotions, new products, news, and opportunities
    • promotion of our 31 Days books
  • Develop a checklist for:
    • LinkedIn recommendations
    • Comments and 'likes' on others Facebook posts
    • Follow more blogs and actively comment (this is pretty vague right now, I realize)
    • Actively seeking comments on blog posts, and book reviews on Amazon for our 31 Days books
So that's where it is as of now, folks.

Thanks for reading. 

And I would LOVE to hear what you do now and what  you want to do more of.