Being Bruce -: A Big Surprise - Thanks, Leland and Sea Coast!

Friday, January 23, 2009

A Big Surprise - Thanks, Leland and Sea Coast!

OK, so today I was truly surprised. Marge asked me to pick her up at home so we could meet a friend for a business lunch. When we got to Antonios Pizza and Pasta restaurant in Leland, I had to take a call first but she went in and came back out and said our friend was sponsoring a luncheon for a bunch of folks, it wasn't just us. So we went upstairs and it was a surprise going-away party, for me.

This first shot was taken at the end of the really nice affair that was organized by Broker in Charge Denise Kinney and Office Manager Kari Essig. The Leland crew plus much of the management team from the Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Realty family was present.

We had a good meal, with great desserts, catered by Steve Pagley and Vinnie from Antonio's. We also had some good laughs. The photos here don't catch every one who was there and don't do justice to any, but I sure appreciated the thought and the event and I definitely appreciate being part of the Leland office, which I had the honor to lead for 15 months.

Four of the biggest trouble-makers are in the shot below:

while this shot has more of the managers and serious folks.

Clearly impatient for dessert, these four great women held down the end of the table.

And Sean proved once more that, not only can he cook, the boy can also eat!

And it isn't a surprise, really, that I'm not going away. I'm staying in place doing what I really love to do, selling real estate in Leland, NC.
The agents and staff even gave me a present that represents my 2009 nickname: Freight Train - for the energy I'm bringing to the job.