Being Bruce -: So Is Coffee Good For You or Not?

Friday, March 28, 2014

So Is Coffee Good For You or Not?


I was wondering the same question since I recently started drinking coffee again after quitting for about a year and a half. I didn't quit because of any problems, in fact one of my doctors questioned why I was stopping because of coffee's antioxidants and because it's good for your liver. However, I'd been a committed coffee drinker for more than 40 years and I was wondering if I was hooked. Because of our involvement with Team Beachbody Marge and I are both exploring nutrition and what we eat and drink so I decided to cut out coffee, at least for a while.

Turns out I didn't have a big problem quitting coffee .. no headaches or withdrawal symptoms, and no noticeable lack of energy or alertness. So no real drama either way.

About a month or so ago I decided to drink coffee again. Frankly I was getting bored with tea (sorry tea fans) and decided I'd switch back.

This recent post from the Mayo Clinic address possible concerns. Fortunately I have none of the contraindicators, so I guess I'll keep on with the bean.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678