Being Bruce -: In the news... Massage, Kettlebells, Smiling, and Motivation - Articles I found interesting this past week.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

In the news... Massage, Kettlebells, Smiling, and Motivation - Articles I found interesting this past week.

Hi,
It occurred to me (duh!) recently that I spend a lot of time reading articles, news, and posts from other sources about health, fitness, and both personal and business development that maybe I could help like-minded folks by publishing a weekly post that aggregates some of this other information. NO way I am going to be inclusive of everything that's out there, I just want to find and point out what I think may be helpful info. Love to hear some comments on this first attempt. - Bruce

Health

Lately I've been considering getting a massage, maybe on a regular basis for general health and well being, to de-stress and chill out a bit. I know lots of people who get and swear by regular massages, but I don't know much myself. This article from Mark's Daily Apple earlier this week was helpful.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-you-should-book-a-massage-today/

Fitness

Kettlebells. I've only been aware of kettlebells for a couple of years but I hear more people are using them. Why? This article from Shape  helped me understand more about their appeal.
http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/kettlebell-workouts-top-7-ways-make-trend-work-you

Personal Development

Wow, this matters! I've always been big on smiling, but I never knew there were so many studies about smiling and health. Check out this video by Ron Gutman published on TED.
http://www.ted.com/talks/ron_gutman_the_hidden_power_of_smiling.html

Business Development

One of the toughest things for people who are independently growing their own business can be motivation. So what motivates people? An article that just posted today on Forbes.com addresses this very topic.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/actiontrumpseverything/2014/03/01/17-ways-to-motivate-yourself-to-do-great-things/

So there you have it, the first four articles. What do you think? Love some comments here, or find me on Facebook, follow me, and share your thoughts.