Being Bruce -: The First 100 Days of My Fitness, Health, and Weight Loss Challenge!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The First 100 Days of My Fitness, Health, and Weight Loss Challenge!

Well, I made it.

Finished my interim 10 day challenge and now have results for the first 100 days..

Met both goals, weight down to 154 (lost another 7.5 pounds for a total weight release of 27.5 pounds) in 100 days and body fat down to 17%, from a start of 25%. Thanks, blog readers, you've been unwitting (maybe in some cases unwilling) accountability buddies in this journey so far, and I appreciate your role in this journey. And now tomorrow I start P90X!
Below is my last day's activity post:
Day 101 - 154 pounds, 17% body fat, resting pulse 67
Exercise:
50 minute Shakeology workout
Intake:
- Several (3) cups of black coffee
- 2 oz OJ with vitamins and supplements
- lots of water
- breakfast (after workout)- Shakeology with 1% milk, frozen strawberries and blueberries
- lunch - Shakeology with 1% milk, frozen strawberries and blueberries
- dinner - Chili with Romaine salad

Comment:
Okay, I made it! I've met my goals. Feels good, and it's interesting how much more weight I've lost in just a short time by upping my exercise and doubling up on Shakeology. I'm looking forward to starting P90X tomorrow, I fully expect to be humbled by the exercises but intend to have a good time and do the best I can.

Overall Progress so far (first 100 Days):

Bruce's Progress Chart 1/20/2011 4/30/2011
Change
Weight (pounds) 181.5 154.0
27.5
Body fat % 25% 17%
8%
BMI (Body Mass Index) 27.6 23.4
4.2


If you want to join me on my Shakeology program, go to this link to order Shakeology. Please note that I am an independent distributor with Team Beachbody, the folks who make and sell Shakeology.

My goals:

I'm 5'8", medium frame, male, 64 years old. 
As I start my weight is 181.5 pounds, with 25% body fat, and a BMI of 27.6.


There are lots of opinions on weight ranges and ideal weight and acceptable and ideal body fat and BMI.

Here's what I'm considering for my sex, age, and height. (Your mileage may vary, so please don't take my numbers or statements on this as right for you or as medical facts or advice, they are just what I'm using for myself and what I'm comfortable with after some personal research - check it out for yourself and with your medical professionals if you have questions about yourself.)

Bruce's Healthy Range:

Weight 125-158 pounds
Body fat 14-20%
BMI  19-24

Bruce's Ideal (please remember, this is my opinion only)
Weight: 145 pounds
Body fat: 15
BMI: 22

Bruce's Target Goals for this 90-day program:
Weight: 150
Body fat: 18
BMI: 23

So that's the program I'm on and the goals I've set.

If you want to join me on my Shakeology program, go to this link to order Shakeology.