Being Bruce -: Change Is Good - I'm Lovin' It!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change Is Good - I'm Lovin' It!

I'm excited to announce that as of two weeks ago, I am back where I belong. I am once again a full-time sales agent for Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Realty, specializing in new home communities in the Leland, North Carolina area, and I'm lovin' it.

For the past 15 months I managed the new Leland office for CB Sea Coast Realty but it was never my intention to be a full-time, permanent manager. We had a great year in 2008 (yes, we really did, we were even profitable!) and now, with the office set up, a super staff, a great group of agents, and an office identity established in the area, I'm ready to go back full time sales. As those who know me will attest, I'm not a great candidate for someone to stay inside and manage others on a long-term basis. I'm much more an outside guy who likes to run around and work directly with clients.

So I switched back and I'm lovin' it. If you want to hear it in my own words, play the video below:


I'm also very pleased that Denise Kinney is the new Broker in Charge of the Leland office. Denise has worked with Sea Coast as Leads Manager since last summer but everyone knew she was destined to be a BiC. I'm just glad she's OUR BiC - it has made my transition smoother and enabled me to get back to what is for me the real deal sooner. Denise is an experienced BiC and perfect for our office.

With Denise at the helm and Kari Essig continuing as Office Manager, the Leland office is in great hands. In the photo below Kari is on the left and Denise is on the right.

It doesn't snow enough to really matter very often in the Wilmington, North Carolina area, but it did today (the last time as in 2002). So there were a few snowball fights. Below you can see Denise and her daughter Allyson:
Denise was a good sport about these photos when I was taking them (I'm, ah, pretty sure she knew I'd put them on my blog).

Eventually she scored a direct hit.

But, you know what they say about payback:

So Denise is a lot of fun, and a good leader.

In the meantime, I'm focusing on new and existing homes in new home communities, so if you know someone interested in buying or selling, call me or check out my new site that focuses on Leland, NC new home communities.