One of our favorite self development books is If How-To’s Were Enough We Would All Be Skinny, Rich and Happy, by Brian Klemmer. We knew Brian personally through his leadership seminars, which continue through Klemmer & Associates since his passing.
Brian was a master in helping people understand that their true intentions drive their results, not their stated intentions or what they say they want. Brian also trained us to see that there are many mechanisms available to reach any result you want to achieve.
There are many nutrition and workout combinations available to you to achieve your weight loss goal. Rather than looking for the magic combination of the lose weight “How To”, or mechanism, understand that what will ultimately determine your success, is your true intention.
Every true intention has conflicting intentions to undermine your results. For example, you want to lose weight, but you don’t want to give up your favorite desserts. The more you intensify your true intention, the greater the chance it will dwarf your conflicting intention.
Ways to intensify your weight loss intentions include:
- Visualize yourself as taking a stand for a healthy lifestyle for the rest of your life.
- Promise your significant family members and friends that this is your lifestyle.
- Identify ways you’re resisting making the change you want, such as putting off your start date.
- Identify false beliefs that might be holding you back, such as my schedule is too busy to create a healthy lifestyle.
- Be willing to enjoy your daily practice towards the ideal, i.e. your visualization of a healthy lifestyle. Savor your daily work outs and healthy meals. Be willing to accept failure along with success in meeting your goals.
- What is the ultimate reward for you to be in great physical shape? How will that allow you to live your life purpose?
The above strategy is from Marge and Bruce Brown's "Weight Loss Program - Personal Coaching Guide", from the Quantum Results Coaching Personal Development Series. Available on Amazon at CLICK THIS LINK
A key factor in our own weight management program loss is Beachbody's Shakeology Meal Replacement Shake (disclosure: we are Team Beachbody Coaches and benefit from Shakeology sales). For more information on Shakeology, including what doctors say, CLICK THIS LINK.