Being Bruce -: What Could I Fix in 21 Days?

Monday, July 6, 2015

What Could I Fix in 21 Days?



"What could I fix in 21 days?" That's the question I posed to myself when I decided to start Beachbody's 21 Day Fix® program. As a work-from-home entrepreneur, I can easily fit my home workouts in around my schedule. I know from experience, if I don't push "Play" by 10:00 a.m., the chances of my completing my workout for that day plummet. I also work close to the refrigerator, so it takes a lot of self-control to stick to my healthy diet.

21 day fix button 200

As a Team Beachbody Coach, I've enjoyed working out with celebrity trainers like Tony Horton and Shaun T, in their respective blockbuster programs, P90X3® and Focus T25®. I really like the trend of moving to 25 or 30-minute daily workouts, so I was ready to work with a new celebrity trainer, Autumn Calabrese, and see what she could do for me in 25 minutes per day over 21 days.

While I definitely had become trimmer and stronger with the help of Tony Horton and Shaun T, I still had unmet fitness goals. I wanted to break the 130 pound mark and see 129 pounds on my scale. I suspected my daily nutrition habits still needed some work. So I set my goals and proceeded to workout with Autumn for 21 days.

I quickly discovered Autumn has cracked the code for helping people create a healthy, balanced diet for themselves. She does it through cleverly colored food containers you use for measuring portions of various food groups throughout the day. Autumn encourages her clients to drink Shakeology each day for all the nutritional benefits it provides and she includes it in her nutrition plan.

I also found that all my previous work with Tony Horton and Shaun T paid off so I was able to easily complete all the workouts in the 21 Day Fix program. If I ever felt that a move was too much for my 66-year-old body, I just followed the modifier, Cat, who was always front and center on my TV screen.

 

 My results? After 21 days, I saw 128 pounds on the scale (yay!), and also learned that I wasn't getting enough protein in my diet. Now I have 'fixed' that issue and have able to maintain my weight between 130 and 128 pounds. For my next round of 21 Day Fix, I want to see 126 pounds on my scale. My body just keeps getting stronger and leaner from my daily workouts. Every day I get better at planning and eating the right foods in the right combinations in the right amounts. The 21 Day Fix program is for anyone who wants to take charge of their fitness and nutrition. I was amazed at what it 'fixed' for me in just 21 days!
*************************************************
We hope you've enjoyed this blog post. If you'd like to know more about our Fit Grandparents nutrition and exercise programs, please watch this short video.

Not Sure of the Best Way for You to Get Fit ?

We will help you consider your choices and decide which program best suits your needs and preferences to get in great shape to enjoy time with your grandchildren.

Click on the button below.

Consult Button 275x275