Being Bruce -: 65 Challenge - Day 8 12-1-11

Thursday, December 1, 2011

65 Challenge - Day 8 12-1-11


Another personal best on my 5K Walk/Run today. Maybe it helped that I started with an hour of stretching with Beachbody's P90X X Stretch. Whatever, it was a little chilly, but I just kept my head down and kept going.

Today I didn't stop to take photos with my iPhone or post Facebook Check-ins or read email. I just kept trucking. I finished in 38 minutes and 55 seconds. Since my previous personal best (just yesterday) was 41:18, I'm pretty happy. I shaved 2:23 off my time, which means of course that now I'm going to have to work even harder.

After the 5K I went to a Zumba class and had a blast! I had to hurry because I was running a bit late and didn't stretch right after running, so I stretched just before the class. Not really enough, I suppose, but it was OK. I sure was warmed up for the class!

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! My focus right now, of course, is less on weight or body fat, but on speed, performance, and endurance. Nice to switch it up.