Being Bruce -: My Health and Fitness Journey - Now Prescription Free

Friday, May 27, 2011

My Health and Fitness Journey - Now Prescription Free

Yesterday was a red letter day for me, and for my family. I met with my primary care physician and told him about my lifestyle changes and the results.He checked me out and considered what I told him.

The bottom line, he agreed I could stop taking the blood pressure and cholesterol medications I've been on for 10-12 years!

Now, I need to be careful in writing about this because for sure I don't, won't, can't, and am not qualified to give medical advice or have anything I say or write construed as such. But I can tell you what's going on with me and I will say I am exceedingly grateful to be able to stop needing these medications. I should also say that in neither case was my 'condition' extreme, but the fact that I'm off these meds is pretty exciting to me.


Here's a quick summary of where I am today and where I started:

On January 20th I weighed 181.5 pounds and my body fat was 25%.

This morning, May 27th, I weighed 154.5 and my body fat is 15%.

The lifestyle changes I've made include nutrition and exercise.

Color me grateful.